Uprising Bangladesh:Outsourcing; the next big remittance source

Inspired by the patriotism lately , I started contributing some little things for my country. Basically I have started highlighting all the impact full positive thing that are being taken place in Bangladesh. Twitter is the medium where I am micro blogging the positive thing giving a hash tag of #UprisingBangladesh.

In continuation with that, I am going to share a sudden experience that I have had today. Though, its bit unusual that instead of twitting, I am going to share it in detail. The reason being, the simple incident that touched me so badly, that I couldn't help myself but writing it to let people know.

I have just checked in to Rangpur, one of the seven divisional headquarters of Bangladesh and also recently declared city corporation,  due to some official urgency. Rangpur is not at all a happening city to live. In fact few years back it was called "monga alaka" due to extreme drought.  Unlike Bangladesh , as a whole an agro based economy, Rangpur had to struggle a lot to produce any sort of agro product during a large period of time of the year.And as a result, people had to leave way below the poverty line. 

Unable to make any income, people used to migrate from here to other cities in search of some work that can let them to earn some livelihood. People from other districts, used to recruit Rangpur people as labor. Government along with different human activist groups used to come here by collecting donation from  reach people of the society and distribute among the impoverished people . Rangpur was such a nightmare of this country.

So I am here due to some professional urgency. Though there is a company owned bung-law here, I checked in the best hotel of the town called Hotel North View. Its literally the best one with all the modern appliances like - LCD tv monitor , Air Condition etc. In one sentence , its very slick.

I entered the hotel bit late. It was around 12 am at night. Eventually, receptionist guy was not readily available. So I had to wait a little. While waiting, as usual, was browsing my tab.As I completed the formalities, a boy of the hotel was helping me carrying my luggage to the room no 707. 

The boy was hardly 5 feet height, very thin; bit fair complexion with few beard. He was wearing an uniform of the hotel. A sky blue shirt; black trouser and a pair of sandal. An ideal attire of a hotel boy.We were waiting in front of the lift. 

Suddenly he asked pointing to my tab " Sir, is it iPad ?" I was bit surprised hearing the brand name iPad from him. I replied very consciously with having concern whether he'll understand or not : "Its Galaxy Tab" . He then replied enthusiastically , "Samsung Galaxy Tab!" I was thinking for a while about what to say? I just nodded with a surprise smile on my face and the lift door opened.

We entered in the lift and it started moving up. He again asked a question "Sir , did it cost 54 k BDT?" . Then I thought, ok, this boy somehow is attached with gadget either he has some sorts of involvement with gadget business or he knows from his peers. We both remained silent and reached to our destined floor.He was walking in front of me.

I could not resist myself, but told him "I can see that you have a good interest in gadgets! " In reply he said , "Though I am poor, I have deep interest about updated gadgets"! He continued , " I have a smart phone of LG that I bought spending around 21 k. " I said, "That's pretty cool. LG is in the 3rd position after Samsung & iPhone in smartphone genre. By this time we reached to my room.

I entered my room and he placed the luggage on the corner of the floor. He kept saying, " I am going to have a laptop very soon from one of my brothers." I found the discussion very interesting. So tried to give my personalized opinion, " Get internet connection if you use laptop. So that your laptop will be worth using to you" I told him. 

Real surprise was due for me at that time. He said , " Sir, I do OUTSOURCING work on
internet" . I was speechless for some moment and got very excited with sheer surprise. I enthusiastically praised him a lot and tried to know what kind of job that he does.After talking to him , I got to know, his name is Kabir. He has been working in oDesk for last 3 months as ad poster with multiple accounts. He has already started getting payments and as per his projection, in next month , few more of his account would start earning and then he will leave his current job and will fully concentrate on this outsourcing thing. Besides, he has a plan to establish a business center with a view to having more number of people working together.

Bangladesh is going to be the next best place for online outsourcing. It has already started yielding foreign remittance from this sector. World wide, the reputation is improving. For example, one of the highest ranking holders female in oDesk is from Bangladesh. Clients over the world are also becoming more confident on Bangladesh. In December'12 an event of world Outsourcing Summit took place in Dhaka, Bangladesh. 

So all this signs are basically favoring Bangladesh to become the next comfortable out sourcing destination for the world.Again getting back into Kabir. Its not an exceptional case. Rather, Kabir is actually representing the awareness level of this particular prospect in Bangladesh. Bangladesh is the top ranked young country with 70 % of her  population is below 35 years of age. And by rightly exploiting this emerging  prospects this country will definitely progress and up rise defeating all the odds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More